noadvertising: (Default)
[personal profile] noadvertising
 Always. After hubby retired shortly after I had done so, some routines developed which I do not like at all. Eggs and bacon for breakfast will wake me at seven thirty, a smell I can't stand (the egg part). No housework safe for hubby vacuuming the living room and I rearranging the blankets and pillows on the sofa- I need a bit of movement to get my body going. Then hubby will hand me out a new sudoku he has found on the web. We will sit and compete. Mostly it's hubby who wins. Today it was I who won the race, because hubby made a grave error and had to start anew. Coffee at ten- punctually. With one cookie, a small one, if possible. Answering e-mails afterwards, both of us. Then a discussion about the rabid pumpkin and his counterpart in Ru... Where are the times gone, when we drove off for some event like Bauernherbst or a rennaissance fair? Or invited guests to our house who are NOT family! I studied the newspaper for events not so far away- and came up with nothing, which is strange. Not even a flea market. Well, I found an Oktoberfest organised by our Freedom party, which should be avoided at all costs. Should this party take over, and it seems to be this way, we will be done with freedom. Their current leader is not so far off the One who´s name should not be mentioned. At least, we did some cleaning of the pool and had a nice chat with the neighbour, who has already given up on cleaning. Part of the pool water got pumped off, and hubby and I scrubbed the greenish border. My knees are hurting now, even though I have used a gardening kneeler.
Weather turned from so-so to a bit rainy in the afternoon. That did not keep Konstanze, neighbour´s granddaughter, from throwing tantrums in the garden, to her mother's and grandmother´s ´delight´. That child is a handful, I must say. Glad that mine weren't the same, or I'd have stopped after the first one!
At four there came the call I had been waiting for all day long- number four is in need of help with the new sofa. Hubby was ecstatic, I, too- he, because was finally needed, I because I was finally alone for a while. I had a Whatsapp talk with daughter mine, who just had left a huge escape room in Stockholm at that moment. They will try another one on Wednesday. Strange, again. I remember that hubby and I at least went to museums, churches and the like. Nowadays one visits escape rooms...
We are concerned about idiot neighbour number one. The man will come out into the garden only once or twice a week, and he looks frail all of a sudden. Wears heavily tinted sun glasses. Walks with a stick. No more sawing or hammering at ten on Sunday. Not even the boys, almost as idiotic as their father, will start making noise. Strange, very strange, I think we should be worried!

Profile

noadvertising: (Default)
noadvertising

October 2026

S M T W T F S
     1 23
45678910
11121314151617
18192021222324
25262728293031

Most Popular Tags

Style Credit

Expand Cut Tags

No cut tags
Page generated Oct. 4th, 2026 11:44 pm
Powered by Dreamwidth Studios