Now we are three...
Sep. 19th, 2026 05:47 pm I got up earlier than I usually do on a Saturday, because after a night with backache I had to accompany hubby to Obi, where he picked the mixing machine up for son's garden project- we had been gifted one that did not work. Only that it does work when turned on correctly, but this hubby got to know too late. See, hubby is not all-wise, even if he pretends so. I brought hubby to son's house then returned back home for houseworking. Not my favourite occupation, even more so when this has to be done with backache and without help. Afterwards I finished the cat head for Cassian's scarf. The outcome is not as fancy as I had wanted, but it will have to do. I picked hubby up at lunchtime, we returned the mixing machine, hubby went to the bakery for Brezen then fetched son from the train station. First thing was covering the pool with the metal plates. After that was finally done we had our Oktoberfest lunch. Both hubby and son were complaining about backache then- no wonder after having to drag those heavy plates around the house to the pool! Plus, hubby had been mixing concrete all morning long! Now we were three who weren't able to move the way a human being is supposed to. Hubby was nice and shared the painkillers prescripted by his medic, then we rested. I think I fell asleep for the first time during an after-lunch rest, but it felt pretty good!
Now our garden is ready for the cold season. There will be some tree pruning, probably one or two trees have to be taken down, but the worst is over. The shrubs will only get cut back in spring (insects will hibernate there). The terrace is cleaned and ready for being decorated. And I was off to Youtube for ideas...
BTW: Last night daughter kept us awake for some time. She and her friends were supposed to return from Stockholm at ten in the evening, but their flight was behind schedule and they missed the last ÖBB train to Salzburg. Hubby found out that at a quarter past midnight there was one last train from Vienna main railway station, so the three took a cab into town. A close call even then, they arrived at the station five minutes before the train departed. The fastest runner blocked the train door (forbidden, but who cares at such a late time), the two with the luggage followed suite. Of course, daughter had to tell me about their endeavours and even sent a message that she was back home- at three thirty in the morning. And I had forgotten to switch my mobile to silent...
Now our garden is ready for the cold season. There will be some tree pruning, probably one or two trees have to be taken down, but the worst is over. The shrubs will only get cut back in spring (insects will hibernate there). The terrace is cleaned and ready for being decorated. And I was off to Youtube for ideas...
BTW: Last night daughter kept us awake for some time. She and her friends were supposed to return from Stockholm at ten in the evening, but their flight was behind schedule and they missed the last ÖBB train to Salzburg. Hubby found out that at a quarter past midnight there was one last train from Vienna main railway station, so the three took a cab into town. A close call even then, they arrived at the station five minutes before the train departed. The fastest runner blocked the train door (forbidden, but who cares at such a late time), the two with the luggage followed suite. Of course, daughter had to tell me about their endeavours and even sent a message that she was back home- at three thirty in the morning. And I had forgotten to switch my mobile to silent...