noadvertising: (Default)
[personal profile] noadvertising
 ...it was a good day. Only a bit of housework, my friend´s (private) hairdresser came over to give me a haircut. I tried her out for the first time but was not impressed, given the price and the outcome. My hair looks just as it had before- mostly missing! I cleaned the upper bathroom, especially the window area, so that I finally was able to place back the freshly potted orchids, one of them still dying. The monstera was due to a proper pruning- too big, in danger of tipping over, yellowing leaves because of not enough light from the window (thanks to orchids not dying quickly enough). I was not able to locate my garden shears, which was strange, because I had given them a safe heaven in one of the drawers of my table for seasonal decoration. When I remembered where I might find them it was too dark already to do a proper searching- hubby had painted the table grey like the rest of the wood on and around the house and must have taken the shears out to hoard them in the garage from then on. Since he was off all afternoon long to groom the family grave for All Saint- sister dearest had promised to do this work this year, but hubby, self-proclaimed groundskeeper, would not let this happen- I was not able to question him. And I definitely was not ready to dwell in the dark garage for too long- spiders, spiders, and even more spiders in search of a dry, warmer place for hibernating! The Lord of the shears- hubby would like that title! He can bear it until tomorrow, when I will confiscate what is mine!
I boxed what was left of today´s lunch for tomorrow and did what I like best at the moment- knitting! The scarf is 110 centimetres now and will get hind legs and a tail tomorrow. Well, maybe not all of it! Then I will have to ponder about how to do the cat face. There will be white, even though Sony is mostly grey. I definitely will not do an early tour to the shopping centre beyond the border to get dark grey wool. Light grey I found aplenty in my wool container, there´s a bit of dark grey left from the body of the scarf, so white and black highlighting will take place to fill in the rest. There´s not a lot of time left, before Flavius will leave for Bucharest, and he so wanted a cat scarf, too, since Cassian won´t share his one! And I also won´t have to do a trip to Ikea for new boxes- hubby gave me two he had accidentally hoarded in the basement. Accidentally, Haha! Now clue where those came from, but they have the right colour and will do, even though they need a bit of airing...
BTW: Airing was what DiL wanted to do with the suitcases. Only that she was not able to open them, which was strange, because hubby had already aired them. A bit. Turned out that the boys had been playing with the combination locks. We had to wait for daughter to return home and tell us the numbers, because she had been the one who had set them...

Profile

noadvertising: (Default)
noadvertising

October 2026

S M T W T F S
     1 2 3
4 5 6 7 89 10
11 12 13 1415 1617
18192021222324
25262728293031

Most Popular Tags

Style Credit

Expand Cut Tags

No cut tags
Page generated Oct. 18th, 2026 01:34 am
Powered by Dreamwidth Studios